We’re excited to let everyone know that in addition to returning to the Hollywood College Park Market on Saturdays starting April 22nd, we’ll also be at the FRESHFARM Foggy Bottom Market in DC on Wednesdays starting April 26th!
We will have yummy spring salad mix and pea shoots, hearty greens like bok choy and kale, seedlings, and maybe some radishes depending on weather over the next few weeks. In May we’ll be adding more greens, spring onions, turnips, and beets. Check out the Our Products page for more info on the markets and what’s growing throughout the year.
Looking forward to seeing you at market!
There are a lot of kale chip recipes out there, but most stick to the following basic steps. See our tips after the recipe based on lessons we’ve learned from many kale chip making experiences.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus any other seasonings you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Super easy AND super delicious.
- Medium sized onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, or 3-4 garlic scapes
- ¼ – ½ lb. of greens (broccoli raab, mustard greens, kale (with ribs removed), and/or other cook-able greens)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- Grated parmesan
While classic pesto involves basil and pine nuts – and that’s what is in the recipe below – you can make pesto-like sauces with all kinds of greens and nuts. One of our favorite things to do is to substitute a mix of whatever tender greens we have growing (pea shoots, kale, mustard greens) for the basil, and substitute toasted walnuts for the pine nuts.
Pea shoots are great by themselves as a snack…but here are some ideas for how to use this delicious, sweet microgreen:
- In a salad, either alone or mixed with other greens. Top with:
- Chopped apples, crumbled blue cheese, toasted walnuts and a sweet vinaigrette Continue reading