There are a lot of kale chip recipes out there, but most stick to the following basic steps. See our tips after the recipe based on lessons we’ve learned from many kale chip making experiences.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus any other seasonings you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Dicot Farm tips:
- Make sure you THOROUGHLY dry the kale – even if you need to use a clean kitchen towel. Otherwise the chips will be soggy.
- Slowly massage the oil into the kale pieces.
- Make sure kale is in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Every oven is different – keep an eye on the kale because it can burn quickly but feel free to experiment with higher or lower temps and times to figure out what works best for you!